Translate

fredag 28 september 2012

A search for the perfect set of cameras


I´m looking for a small slr that I can carry with me all the time, to work and from work, when I´m walking with my dog or visit town. It should fit a small bag, one or two lenses and it should not be too heavy.

- A Leica or some other rangefinder should be perfect you might think but I have not entered that world yet..I´d like the option to get really close and I´m not sure if I´m a rf type of person...I do love the look of Canon P or Nikon S2 and Leica and have been thinking of trying some old, russian Contax or Leica copy..to see if it is anything for me.

So I was thinking af a small slr, and did try a friends Olympus OM-1 for a while and it was great, I even bought one but the lightmeter was broken soI returned it to the seller. I have been curious about the Nikon FM models and specially the FM2N. I´d like to try one someday, with Nikkor 50/1.4 but I have not found one yet at a good price when I have had the money.

So now I´m thinking of trying a Pentax MX. It is small, have a big nice viewfinder and takes all the Pentax-M and Pentax-K mount lenses. I am actually going to visit a guy tomorrow that have a big Pentax collection and perhaps I´ll buy one. But chances are I will get home with a big black Spotmatic instead, I can´t help that I am very weak for the sp´s, so beautiful and yet tank-like at the same time. I like the great range of M42 optics...maybe it´s too big and heavy, I don´t wan´t my everyday camera to be a load.. so we´ll see what happens...

Mamiya M645 1000s + Olympus OM-1
These two lovely cameras was borrowed from two different friends at the same time, I really liked them both very much and I feel that I must have a Mamiya M645 someday, just great joy to use!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar