Translate

söndag 30 september 2012

MX - A small crush!

Sometimes when I hold a new camera in my hands I fall in love, like when I bought my Hasselblad 500C/M, I felt like I was walking on clouds the first month, ok, that is another sad love story I won´t talk about right now but I can tell you that I have a small crush for my new compact SLR, -Pentax MX!

Pentax MX logo
It looks great and performs great. I have to say that I have yet to see the negatives before I can give myself "all in" but so far it have been great and a lot of joy! I do have to agree with a lot of reviews on the net that the shutter speed dial is a little difficult to deal with while I´m holding the camera at eye-level, you have to use two fingers to get a good grip around it..

Asahi Pentax logo
I know that the idea was to purchase a camera that was all mechanical, beautiful and small, so I could carry it with me all the time without it being a load but I have to admit that I am thinking about buying a winder for it.. The guy that sold me this MX had a winder and the grip felt really good in my big hands. Maybe it makes the camera more firm while shooting? And also, he had a right angle finder with magnifier. These two accessories would make my camera a little bigger but maybe it would be a help my photography. I´m not sure yet what to do but I´ll think about it.. I can always put those things on when I know I´ll go out and shoot an for my non-planned-shooting days I could carry my MX without those accessories.

Pentax MX viewfinder - My cat She-Ra through the window..

 
This picture is not the best, it is taken from the side, but it shows a little bit how big and bright the viewfinder is. Above the image you can see the f-number and to the right you can se the shutterspeed. When you have selected the right speed and f-number, the LED is green. If you are a half-stop wrong the indicator shines yellow and if you´re 1-stp off the LED metering is showing red.

SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7
 
I hope that I can post some pictures taken with the camera soon!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar