Translate

måndag 8 oktober 2012

Olympus OM-1n


Earlier this year, before I bought my Pentax MX, I was looking for a small slr just as I was now. That time I happened to buy a beautiful black OM-1n. I was very happy with it and it was really a looker. I had been wanting one for quite some time and now I could afford one at a nice price. unfortunately the meter was faulty so I had to send it back to the seller. He offered me a chrome OM-1n but I wanted the black finish. I have always liked black cameras. 
 
 
Olympus OM-1n - Zuiko 50mm - kodak 400TX
 A friend of mine happened to have two OM-1n´s so I borrowed one from him a few weeks. I really liked the camera, it was small and light, easy to carry around for long walks and so on. I think I had decided to buy a new used copy for myself but I never did. I lacked inspiration and bought some watercolors, papers and brushes instead. I still had my medium format Yashica-mat 124 to shoot with when I felt inspired.


My dog - Olympus OM-1n - Zuiko 50/1.8
 It´s really nice to have a small slr in your bag, pocket or around the neck. And 36 frames is a lot of shots, for me anyway. I often only shoot a scene one time, only when I feel that I maybe didn´t get the right focus or something, then I can take another shot.



 What I really like about analog photography is that it makes my shooting slower, I must take some time to frame the object, make the right manual settings etc. Just feels great! Makes me think...


Olympus OM-1n - Mirror
That´s why I was looking once again for a small slr and this time I happened to find a perfect working Pentax MX. The MX and the OM-1 are very similar. Small, B-1/1000s and big bright vewfinders. Both have wonderful lenses and both are great!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar